There are countless Banh xeo Saigon restaurants in the city that serve Vietnamese Crispy Pancakes. Some of them are a little more authentic than others, but they’re all worth the trip if you love crispy pancakes. The type of pancakes varies depending on where you are and what flavors you like. They can be sweet or savory, and they go well with everything from ice tea to sea foods. Here is our list of the top 10 most delicious Vietnamese crispy pancakes restaurants in Saigon.
Image by Trang Pham from Pixabay
The story of “Banh Xeo” Vietnam (Vietnamese Crispy Pancake)
The Vietnamese crispy pancake is called “banh xeo”. It originates from the southern part of Vietnam and it’s known as one of the best street foods in Asia. There are many variations of the classic Vietnamese crispy pancake. The most popular one is the one made by a fried pancake made of rice flour, water, and turmeric powder. It can also be called a Vietnamese crêpe. Some common stuffings include pork, prawns, diced green onion, mung bean, and bean sprouts. “Banh xeo” is also served with lettuce, mint, Asian basil, and fish mint.
Although the pancakes are very popular in many parts of Asia, they are relatively unknown in the Western World.
Image by 1900mmc from Pixabay
Why is Banh Xeo Saigon famous?
The “banh xeo” is a very popular and important dish in Vietnam. In fact, it has been declared as a National Dish of Vietnam. This is because it serves as a great symbol of Vietnamese culture and cuisine. The reason why this dish is so famous is because it is usually very affordable and it comes in a lot of different varieties. Many people enjoy “banh xeo” because it isn’t easy to make but it is easy to customize for different tastes by adding different types of meat, vegetables, and sauces.
So if you guys have any plans to visit Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City), go get them!!
Top 10 best places to eat “Banh Xeo” in Saigon
Explore 10 restaurants which serves “Banh Xeo” below:
Banh Xeo Quang 7B/99
- Address: 1C/100 Alley 100 Nguyen Tri Phuong, Ward 14, District 10, Ho Chi Minh City
- Hours: 7:30AM – Closes 9:00PM
- Phone: 0393 228 848
Banh Xeo Thien Phuoc
- Address: 15 Thien Phuoc Street, Ward 9, District 11, Ho Chi Minh City
- Hours: 10:00AM – Closes 9:00PM
Quan Banh Xeo Ngon
- Address: 33/43/10 Dat Thanh Street, Ward 6, Tan Binh District, Ho Chi Minh City
- Hours: 9:00AM – Closes 5:00PM
Hoang Tam Restaurant
- Address: 22/1 Nguyen Canh Chan Street, Cau Kho Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- Hours: 10:00AM – Closes 10:00PM (Open 24 hours at every Saturday)
- Phone: 028 6670 2121
Bep Me In
- Address: 136 Le Thanh Ton Street, Ben Thanh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- Hours: 10:30AM – Closes 10:30PM
- Phone: 028 2211 1119
- Address: 160 Pasteur Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- Hours: 7:30AM – Closes 10:30PM
- Phone: 028 3827 7131
Home kitchen Xu Quang
- Address: 16 Tran Cao Van Street, Da Kao Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- Hours: 10:00 AM – Closes 10:00PM
- Phone: 028 3827 2709
Banh Xeo Nga
- Address: 251 Nguyen Thien Thuat Street, Ward 1, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City
- Hours: 1:00PM – Closes 9:00PM
Banh Xeo Ba Hai
- Address: 49 Nguyen Trong Tuyen Street, Ward 15, Phu Nhuan District, Ho Chi Minh City
- Hours: 2:00PM – Closes 9:00PM
- Phone: 028 6273 9499
Banh Xeo Mien Trung
- Address: 18 Thanh My Street, Ward 8, Tan Binh District, Ho Chi Minh City
- Hours: 2:00PM – Closes 10:00PM
- Phone: 0785 665 078
Image by 1900mmc from Pixabay
Do you know how to eat “Banh Xeo” like a local?
When ordering “Banh Xeo”, take one from the plate and dip it in the chili sauce, then roll it up with lettuce, mint, or whatever you like. You can eat the rolled up pancake together with the sauce, or have your dish with some soup or other Vietnamese dishes. When you finish the pancake, don’t leave the plate right away. Instead, take a moment to enjoy how tasty and flavorful this dish is.
Every city has its unique foods that are associated with it. For example, the food of New York is pizza and the New Jersey cuisine is steak and eggs. Similarly, the Vietnamese crispy pancakes are associated with Saigon since it’s the metro city of this country. The delicacy can be found everywhere in Saigon. From street vendors to upscale restaurants and cafes, there’s no shortage of them! So, if you have a hankering for something delicious then these are some of the best places to try Vietnamese Crispy Pancakes in Saigon. Try it!